The first newsletter will include updates on:
- operational progress we’ve made since the change of data protection law that came into force on 25 May 2018
- what we know (and don’t know) about how data transfers between UK and Guernsey will be affected by Brexit
- details of developing plans for our events programme commencing in 2019
Future newsletters will include: commentary on data protection issues; overview of specific issues; profiles of staff; profiles of data protection officers at local organisations; details of upcoming events; official guidance; success stories etc.
The newsletter forms part of our communications strategy and will be a key channel for us to fulfil our commitment to transparency around publishing regular information and statistics related to our activities and governance.
More broadly, our communications activity seeks to:
- Promote public awareness of risks, rules, safeguards and rights in relation to processing of personal information, especially in relation to children.
- Promote Guernsey’s position as a jurisdiction with excellent and innovative data protection standards which retains its ‘adequacy’ recognition from the EU
- Promote awareness of the legal duties placed on organisations who are controlling or processing personal information.
- Protect the ODPC / Data Protection Authority’s reputation by communicating in-line with our mission, vision and values.
Read our Communications Strategy
Follow ODPC on LinkedIn